Dynamic, On-Demand Cargo Insurance
The just-in-time supply chain moves too fast for traditional insurance processes, leaving insurance brokers without the resources to sustainably serve their freight clients, while expensive annualized policies discourage businesses from insuring their cargo altogether.
Conventional cargo insurance policies rarely offer the flexibility needed by the freight community, so many shipments simply go uninsured.
These issues fuel the global underinsurance crisis, leaving the freight community exposed to unnecessary risks.
Thames is here to change that.
Thames™ (Dynamic, On-Demand Cargo Insurance) is a revolutionary all-risk cover available on an affordable per-load basis — no annualized policy necessary.
For insurance brokers, Thames™ enables you to profitably serve your SMB clients with accurately priced policies in seconds.
For the freight community, Thames™ enables you to protect your business from risk with affordable coverage, in an instant.
How does it work?
Loadsure’s dynamic pricing model uses a data-driven algorithm to deliver hyper-accurate pricing in under a minute. Shipments that previously took hours or days to process can now be quoted instantly.
Thames™ transforms insurance broker’s workloads, enabling them to issue far more policies in less time, which gives them more bandwidth to prioritize complex cases.
It also saves supply chain businesses waiting around for a quote, or overpaying for their coverage. They’ll have quick access to an insurance certificate that’s precisely configured for their shipment.
Access Thames™ through Loadsure’s intuitive software platform service, via online portal or directly integrated into your digital workflows, with no download required.
Who is Thames designed to protect?
- Logistics providers
- Freight brokers
- Freight forwarders
- Freight boards
What level of cover does Thames™ provide?
Thames™ is an all-risk cargo insurance solution, providing door-to-door protection from physical loss or damage. That includes General Average, loading and unloading damage, damage caused by Acts of God and civil commotion risks.
- Up to $2M in domestic international single conveyance limits
- Up to $100,000 in domestic & international coverage for LTL shipments
- High-value load shipments available, subject to underwriting review, pricing, and terms
For insurance brokers
- Enables brokers to deliver instant, accurately-priced certificates
- Gives brokers capacity to serve more assureds than manual processes allow
- Frees up broker resource with automated end-to-end claims process
- Available via same-day white label portal or full integration with systems
For Supply Chain assureds
- Delivers instant, accurately-priced certificates
- Assureds can bind shipments and pay premiums directly
- Accelerates settlements through automated end-to-end claims process
- Accessible via the Loadsure portal or a custom API integration
IMPORTANT RISK WARNING: Insurance products are subject to certain risks and uncertainties. While insurance is designed to provide coverage for various losses and liabilities, it is important to understand that it may not cover all potential risks or losses. The effectiveness of an insurance policy depends on the specific terms and conditions, exclusions, and limits of the policy. It is essential to read and understand the policy documentation before purchasing insurance. If you have any questions or uncertainties, please consult with a professional advisor. Remember, the purpose of insurance is to provide protection against potential future losses, and it is not intended as an investment product. It does not provide a return on investment like a savings account or investment product.
What are the Thames™ policy limits?
Thames™ has up to $2M in domestic international single conveyance limits and up to $100,000 in domestic & international coverage for LTL shipments.
Which commodities are outside of appetite?
- Cash & Financial Instruments Documents — negotiable documents or instruments, monies of every description, securities, bonds, bullion, stamps, credit and debit cards including telephone calling cards.
- Pharmaceuticals — (other than FDA approved ‘over-the-counter’ pharmaceuticals which are not excluded), Nutraceuticals (other than FDA approved ‘over-the-counter’ nutraceuticals which are not excluded), Narcotics/narcotic based substances including but not limited to Marijuana, CBD, THC.
- Life Science Materials — Including but not limited to: Biological materials (defined as goods used in medical and/or scientific applications to support, enhance, or replace damaged tissue or a biological function), blood or blood related substances, reproductive substances, and human related materials used for medical and/or scientific research.
- Luxury Goods — Furs, precious metals, precious stones, non-costume jewelry (including watches), perfumes, antiques and art.
Tech Goods: Mobile telephones.
- Live Animals / Plants — Living creatures and life forms of any type (other than plants and flowers for retail distribution).
- Other — Satellites, nuclear fuel, explosives, firearms, ammunition, fish meal, used household goods.
Who manages the claims handling?
For Thames™, claims handling is carried out by the Loadsure in-house claims department.
Who gets indemnified in the event of an insured loss?
The party with an insurable interest in the insured goods, as declared on the policy or certificate of insurance, will be indemnified in the event of an insured loss.