Dynamic Ocean Cargo Insurance
The global underinsurance crisis is fuelled in part by high minimum premiums and large rate increases. This often discourages — or outright prevents — businesses from finding the affordable annual cover they need.
Danube™ was purpose built for this challenge.
Danube™ (Dynamic Ocean Cargo Insurance) an annualized ocean cargo product with flexible policy premiums. This product gives brokers the chance to tap into a client base for whom this type of cover was previously out of reach.
How does it work?
With our dynamic pricing model, brokers can issue cargo insurance policies to the Insured in minutes. Loadsure’s AI-engine leverages industry data to accurately-price almost any risk, so clients can access affordable cargo cover at speed.
Access Danube™ through Loadsure’s intuitive software platform service, via online portal or directly integrated into your digital workflows, with no download required.
Who should brokers offer Danube™ to?
What level of cover does Danube™ offer?
Danube™ is Loadsure’s Dynamic Ocean Cargo Insurance; it’s an all-risk policy designed to give small and medium-sized businesses door-to-door protection from physical loss and damage. This includes General Average, loading and unloading damage, Acts of God and civil commotion risks.
- Up to $10M in domestic conveyance limits
- A worldwide territory offering
- Coverage for hard-to-place risks also available, including vineyards and wineries
- Enables brokers to provide accurate quotes almost instantly
- Conveniently digitizes the intake and issuance of policy documents
- Competitive premiums driven by a dynamic rating model
- Allows brokers to offer long-term visibility into account performance
IMPORTANT RISK WARNING: Insurance products are subject to certain risks and uncertainties. While insurance is designed to provide coverage for various losses and liabilities, it is important to understand that it may not cover all potential risks or losses. The effectiveness of an insurance policy depends on the specific terms and conditions, exclusions, and limits of the policy. It is essential to read and understand the policy documentation before purchasing insurance. If you have any questions or uncertainties, please consult with a professional advisor. Remember, the purpose of insurance is to provide protection against potential future losses, and it is not intended as an investment product. It does not provide a return on investment like a savings account or investment product.
What are the Danube™ policy limits?
Danube™ has up to $10M in international conveyance limits for goods in transit, and up to $10M in domestic conveyance limits.
Which commodities are outside of appetite?
- Cash & Financial Instruments Documents — negotiable documents or instruments, monies of every description, securities, bonds, bullion, stamps, credit and debit cards including telephone calling cards.
- Pharmaceuticals — (other than FDA approved ‘over-the-counter’ pharmaceuticals which are not excluded), Nutraceuticals (other than FDA approved ‘over-the-counter’ nutraceuticals which are not excluded), Narcotics/narcotic based substances including but not limited to Marijuana, CBD, THC.
- Life Science Materials — Including but not limited to: Biological materials (defined as goods used in medical and/or scientific applications to support, enhance, or replace damaged tissue or a biological function), blood or blood related substances, reproductive substances, and human related materials used for medical and/or scientific research.]
- Luxury Goods — Furs, precious metals, precious stones, non-costume jewelry (including watches), perfumes, antiques and art.
- Tech Goods — Mobile telephones.
- Live Animals / Plants - Living creatures and life forms of any type (other than plants and flowers for retail distribution).
- Other — Satellites, nuclear fuel, explosives, firearms, ammunition, fish meal.
Who manages the claims handling?
For Danube™, Claims handling is carried out by the Loadsure in-house claims department.
Does Loadsure consider excess transit and/or storage risks?
No, at this point in time excess risks fall outside of appetite for Loadsure.
Is Loadsure a “100% market” or will you consider quota share placements?
Loadsure’s looks to insure risks on a 100% basis so long as they fall within the parameters defined in our Underwriting Guidelines. Loadsure will consider quota share placements as both a lead or a following market, however prefers to lead when possible.